The Attorneys You Want On Your Side
Jonathan H. Lomurro
“It is an honor to be a trial attorney—fighting for the injured, defending our rights and our system of justice. “
– Jon Lomurro
Jonathan H. Lomurro is an expert certified civil trial attorney. He is a specialist in medical malpractice and personal injury cases.
After completing law school, he continued his focus on the craft of litigation by earning his LL.M. as a Master of Law in Trial Advocacy.
Jonathan has authored three books on Legal Practice: New Jersey Medical Malpractice Law, Litigation Technology for the Modern Practitioner and Try It. He frequently publishes in peer reviewed journals and magazines.
Additionally, Mr. Lomurro is an extensive lecturer in the field of Medical Malpractice, Trial Techniques and Technology in the Courtroom. He has lectured across the United States of America on Medical Malpractice, Patient Rights to Access, Audit Trails, and Electronic Medical Records.
Mr. Lomurro additionally acts as an expert witness in cases involving audit trails, audit logs, access logs, and electronic medical records.
He has been involved in numerous cases before the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Jonathan currently is appointed as the Chair of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He is on the Executive Committee of the New Jersey Association for Justice. And he is the vice-chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Civil Trial Section.
Mr. Lomurro has served as Trustee to the New Jersey State Bar Association and as New Jersey’s representative to the American Bar Association House of Delegates. He is a past Chair to the New Jersey State Bar Association YLD. He is currently the president of the Haydn Proctor Inns of Court.
Mr. Lomurro is a founding member and trustee of Lomurro Law Charitable Fund.
JONATHAN H. LOMURRO, ESQ. LLM
Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- LL.M. – Master of Laws in Trial Advocacy (Temple University Beasley School of Law)
- J.D. – Delaware School of Law, Widener University
- B.A. – Rutgers College, Rutgers University
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
- New Jersey
- District Court of New Jersey
- New York
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
- Personal Injury
Legal Association Positions:
- Chair of New Jersey State Bar Association Medical Malpractice Committee
- Chair of New Jersey State Bar Association Civil Trial Practice Committee
- Treasurer for the New Jersey Association for Justice
- Past President of Haydn Proctor Inns of Court
- Board of Trustees Member for Trial Attorneys of New Jersey
- Past Representative to the American Bar Associations House of Delegates
- Highest AV-Preeminent Peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Lists (2008-2020)*
- AVVO Rated
- New Jersey State Bar Association Award for Excellence in Medical Malpractice Litigation (2019)
- New Leaders of the Bar Award from New Jersey Law Journal (2014)
- Young Lawyer of the Year Award (2011)
- Professional Achievement Award (2009)/li>
- New Jersey Medical Malpractice Law (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Litigation Technology for the Modern Practitioner (2014)
- Try It (2010)
- New Jersey Legal Malpractice Law & Litigation Ethics (2021)
- Dropping the Digital Anchor: Preparing and presenting your case with technology (2021)
- “Cures for Barriers to Electronic Medical Records” – Trial Magazine (2020)
- “Use of the Judgment Charge in Legal Malpractice Cases” – NJ Law Journal (2019)
- “The Affidavit of Merit Made Simple” – NJ Law Journal (2018)
- “Med Mal Defendants Must Tell the Truth” – NJ Law Journal (2018)
- “Physician Assistants Will Play Increasing Role in Malpractice Litigation” ALM (2017)
- “NJ Supreme Court Mandates Rules to Fix the AMS Mess” NJ Law Journal (2018)
- “Transforming Medical Malpractice with Technological Discovery” The Legal Intelligencer (2017)
- “Electronic Medical Records: Changing Medical Malpractice Litigation” NJ Lawyer (2016)
- “Effective Use of Technology at Trail” ABA Technology for the Litigator (2011)
- “Ten Trial Tech Rules” NJSAB Dictum (2011)
- “Finding Proximate Cause in Med Mal Cases with a Pre-Existing Condition” NJ Law Journal (2011)
- “Digital Litigation: The Practice of Law Today” The Bencher (2010)
- Morales-Hurtado v. Reinoso, NJ Supreme Court (2020)
- Orientale v. Jennings, NJ Supreme Court (2019)
- Ward v. State of New Jersey, NJ District Court (2018)
- Meehan v. Antonellis, NJ Supreme Court (2016)
- State v. Moran, NJ Supreme Court (2010)
- State v. Hoffman, NJ Appellate Division (2008)
Quotes and Interviews:
- Fortune Magazine – “Death by a Thousand Clicks: Where Electronic Health Records Went Wrong” (2019)
- ZD Net – “Protecting Health Data” (2019)
- Kaiser Health News – “New Rules will Ease Patients’ access to electronic medical records, senate panel says” (2019)
- Legal Talk Network – “Technology at Trial”
- President and Founder of the Lomurro Law Charitable Fund
- Member of Committee E31 on Healthcare Informatics