On April 2, 2019, Rich Lomurro was named by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a certified civil trial attorney. Mr. Lomurro joins fewer than 1500 other individuals board certified as civil trial lawyers in the State of New Jersey.
The New Jersey Supreme Court designates attorneys as “certified” after a rigorous vetting process. Only 2.5% of all lawyers in New Jersey share the prestigious distinction.
In order to become certified, an attorney must fulfil these requirements:
• Show significant experience in the preparation of litigated matters;
• Obtain referrals from other attorneys and judges who will attest to the applicant’s character and ability; and
• Pass a six hour written examination covering the various aspects of civil trial law.
• Be a member in good standing of the New Jersey Bar for at least five years;
• Take multiple continuing legal education courses within the last three years prior to submission;
This certification is granted by the New Jersey Supreme Court to attorneys who are able to exhibit sufficient levels of experience, knowledge, education and skill in civil trial practice.
Rich Lomurro is a partner at the Lomurro Law firm. The firm specializes in areas of trial litigation including personal injury, medical malpractice, family law and criminal among many others. Rich joins many others at the firm who share the distinction as a “certified” lawyer, including Don Lomurro, Tina Munson, Tom Comer, Abbott Brown, Michael Schottland, Matt Schiappa, Richard Galex, Jon Lomurro and Joan Sherman.