New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney Provides Personalized Representation For Individuals Charged With DWI In A School Zone
Convictions for driving while intoxicated (DWI) often lead to serious penalties that can wreak havoc on your finances, personal life and work life. DWI in a school zone may lead to even harsher punishments. It is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible after your arrest to mitigate these consequences and develop a strategy for handling your charges. The dedicated New Jersey DUI defense attorneys at Lomurro Law are your most powerful advocates and provide the resources and support you need to face difficult challenges head-on.
Convictions For DWI In A School Zone Lead To Enhanced Penalties
DWI offenses are some of the most common criminal offenses and may lead to significant consequences. When those DWIs occur in a school zone, the penalties are even greater. In New Jersey, you may be subject to strict penalties if you are convicted of DWI while driving:
- On school property used for school purposes
- Within 1,000 feet of school property
- Through a school crossing
- In an area where juveniles are present and crossing
Even you are unaware that you are on school property or that juveniles are present, you may be charged with DWI in a school zone.
The penalties for DWI in a school zone are linked to your BAC and prior history of DWI convictions:
- First offense – $500-$800 fine, up to 60 days in jail, driver’s license suspension for at least one year but less than two years
- Second offense – fine of up to $2000, at least four days in jail and up to 180 days, driver’s license suspension of four years and mandatory ignition interlock device (IID) for at least one year and up to three years after your license is reinstated
- Third and subsequent offenses – $2000 fine, at least 180 days in jail, driver’s license suspension for 20 years and mandatory IID for one to three years after license reinstatement
It is important to seek legal advice after your arrest to protect your rights and determine the most appropriate course of action. We work hard to analyze all possible avenues and develop the most practical and favorable defense strategy for your specific case.
If You’ve Been Charged With DWI In A School Zone, Contact A Leading New Jersey DWI Defense Law Firm For Aggressive Representation
The process of fighting DWI charges may be confusing and challenging. The New Jersey DWI defense attorneys at Lomurro Law are ready to provide clear and reliable legal support for all types of DWI cases. To schedule a consultation at one of our convenient locations, call 732-482-9285 or send an email. Our main office is conveniently located in Freehold.