New Jersey Burn, Scarring And Disfigurement Injury Lawyers
Traumatic Injuries Require Skill And Care In Securing A Victim’s Proper Workers’ Compensation Award
Burns, scars and disfigurement can result from many on-the-job accidents or occurrences. Fire, explosions, chemicals, falling objects, product defects and power tools can leave a worker with serious, third-degree burns, scars and disfigurement. The trauma of these injuries is lifelong, affecting the victim’s social relationships and financial opportunities. At Lomurro Law, our Freehold, New Jersey, workers’ compensation and personal injury attorneys have helped many workers recover compensation from on-the-job burns, scars and disfigurements. We have the legal skill and resources to get you the compensation you need to pay for ongoing medical expenses and lost wages.
Seek Emergency Medical Assistance For Deep Burns Affecting All Layers Of Skin And Wounds Caused By Electricity And Chemicals
Many occurrences and everyday items can cause burn injuries, including chemicals, electricity, fire, gasoline, hot liquids and steam, paint thinner, and radiation. Burn symptoms depend on the depth of the skin affected. It can take one or two days for bad burn signs to develop.
- First-degree burns affect the outer layer of skin (epidermis), causing redness and pain but do not result in scarring.
- Second-degree burns affect the epidermis and the second skin layer (dermis), causing swelling and red and white skin color. Blisters can develop; second-degree burns can cause scarring.
- Third-degree burns reach the fat layer beneath the dermis; the burned skin may be black, brown, or white and look leathery; and these burns can destroy nerves and result in numbness.
Can I Get Workers’ Compensation For Injuries That Cause Scarring?
New Jersey workers’ compensation provides benefits for permanent scarring and disfigurement. Scars that make up significant disfigurement can constitute a permanent disability. The location of the scars, such as on the arms, head or neck is relevant to determine benefit eligibility. If you have scars from a work-related injury, we recommend you see an attorney to determine your eligibility for workers’ compensation benefits.
Do Workers’ Compensation Benefits Cover Emotional Distress From Work-Related Burns, Scarring And Disfigurement Injuries?
Workers’ compensation benefits cover:
- Reasonable medical services required to treat the job-related injury or illness
- Temporary disability benefits to help replace lost wages
- Permanent disability benefits to compensate for continued effects of the injury
- Burial and death benefits for dependents in cases of fatal injury
Workers’ Compensation does not cover mental or emotional distress from a work-related injury. But if a third party, such as a contractor or engineer, caused your injury or an employer’s intentional act resulted in your injury, you may be able to recover emotional harm in a personal injury lawsuit. We have the skill and resources to prosecute a third party who is liable for your injuries or an employer’s intentional act and include damages for pain and suffering.
More Than A Century Of Legal Experience By Your Side
The Monmouth County, New Jersey, workers’ compensation and personal injury attorneys at Lomurro Law bring more than 130 years of shared experience to your case. Our attorneys have the knowledge, skill and resources to get you the compensation to cover all your losses. Schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss your case by contacting our office at 732-482-9285 or online. We are available to meet with you at our Freehold office or by videoconference.